Terrapin® System 8L
The Terrapin® 8L is a smaller version of the modular Terrapin® System. Like the popular Terrapin System 14L, the mount stays on the bike and the custom fitted air purge drybag is removable for easy packing. With 8 liters of capacity, it is perfect for most lightweight bikepacking trips and fits bikes with low tire clearance. It is perfectly sized for small framed bikes, including plus bikes with inherently diminished clearance.
The Indie-Rail attachment system, is a progression from conventional bikepacking bag mounts where the rail straps are fixed to the top center of the bag. With Indie-Rail, each saddle rail is cinched down hard to the sides of the bag, virtually eliminating side to side bag sway without the need for external hardware. We combine this with rigid internal structure and active camming buckles to prevent straps from slipping on rough terrain.
The mount is stiffened on all sides including an external plastic bottom sheet which protects the bottom of the bag like a fender. A composite internal top sheet provides a solid and stable platform for the strap points and transmits the vertical load to the seatpost connection.
Winner of the 2018 Bikepacking.com Gear of the Year Award!
- Indie-Rail attachment system and active camming hardware maximizes stability without added hardware.
- Radio frequency welded drybag with one way, low profile purge valve
- X-Pac panels that are two times as abrasion resistant as standard VX material
- Protective external plastic bottom frame sheet
- Aluminum hardware at high stress points
- Composite internal top frame sheet
- Hypalon slots on drybag for rear light attachment
- Bungee loop on top of holster for additional storage
- Foam stiffened side panels with fiberglass compression stays
- Carbon seatpost friendly
- Minimum 7 in / 17.8 cm of tire clearance required from saddle rails
- It is mandatory to check tire clearance prior to use, especially with full suspension bikes. Bag contact with a tire can cause a bad wreck and ruin your day. Tire damage to the bag is not covered by warranty.
- This product is not designed for use with dropper seatposts.
- Please evaluate how your system works well before a planned trip.
Terrapin® - 12 oz / 340 g; Drybag 3.5 oz / 99 g
Drybag - 488 in³ / 8 L
Holster: Dimension Polyant VX 21 X-Pac with abrasion resistant finish; Rhinotec. Drybag: 200-denier waterproof TPU laminated nylon. Terrapin® made in USA with domestic and imported materials. Drybag imported.